Before Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, there was Mudcrutch – a band that lasted from 1970-1975 and who reunited in 2007 to release a debut self-titled album and take it on a brief tour in ’08. Here we are six years later, and Mudcrutch’s plans are bigger than ever with their first national tour and the release of their second album, entitled 2.Sticking to the roots of southern rock, the band is currently made up of all original Mudcrutch members Tom Petty (bass/vocals), Tom Leadon (guitar/vocals), Randall Marsh (drums/vocals), as well as Benmont Tench (keyboards/vocals) and Mike Campbell (guitar/vocals), who both also played with Petty and The Heartbreakers.Mudcrutch’s follow-up album is due out May 20 through Reprise Records and can be pre-ordered here. With each pre-order comes a download of three exclusive tracks, including the single “Trailer,” ahead of the street release date. Following the official release, the band will bring their new music on a national tour with The Shelters as support. Concert tickets, which include a copy of the new album, go on-sale Friday, April 1 at 10AM local time and are available here.Check out this official music video for 2008’s “Lover of the Bayou”:2 Tracklist:TrailerDreams of FlyingBeautiful BlueBeautiful WorldI Forgive It AllThe Other Side Of The MountainHopeWelcome To HellSave Your WaterVictim of CircumstanceHungry No MoreMudcrutch 2016 Tour:MAY 26 OGDEN THEATRE – DENVER, CO MAY 29 SUMMER CAMP MUSIC FESTIVAL – CHILLICOTHE, IL MAY 31 RYMAN AUDITORIUM – NASHVILLE, TN JUN 02 TABERNACLE – ATLANTA, GA JUN 03 BUNBURY MUSIC FESTIVAL – CINCINNATI, OH JUN 06 9:30 CLUB – WASHINGTON, DC JUN 07 THE FILLMORE PHILADELPHIA – PHILADELPHIA, PA JUN 10 WEBSTER HALL – NEW YORK, NY JUN 11 WEBSTER HALL – NEW YORK, NY JUN 14 CAPITOL THEATRE – PORT CHESTER, NY JUN 15 HOUSE OF BLUES – BOSTON, MA JUN 19 FILLMORE – SAN FRANCISCO, CA JUN 20 FILLMORE – SAN FRANCISCO, CA JUN 25 THE FONDA THEATRE – LOS ANGELES, CA JUN 26 THE FONDA THEATRE – LOS ANGELES, CA JUN 28 THE OBSERVATORY – SANTA ANA, CA[H/T JamBase]
Share 44 Views one comment Sharing is caring! Share FaithLifestyle India temple treasure search team suspends their search by: – July 4, 2011 Share Tweet Security has been tightened outside the Sree Padmanabhaswamy templeBy Ashraf PadannaKochiInspectors unearthing priceless treasures from a South Indian temple have had to halt their search because the final vault cannot be opened.Five vaults replete with precious stones, gold and silver have already been opened in Kerala state’s Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple.The haul’s value is now thought to have risen from 25 billion rupees ($500m) to 900 billion rupees ($20.3bn).Historians say assessing the treasure’s true value will be very difficult.The goods have not been officially valued and inspectors are merely taking an inventory.The inspectors managed to open the outer doors of the sixth vault but found an iron wall inside it. The vault was last opened 136 years ago, according to temple records.NM Krishnan, a retired judge who heads a seven-member panel appointed by the Supreme Court to open the chambers and prepare an inventory, said the decision on when to open the sixth vault would be taken on Friday after apprising the Supreme Court of the progress made in cataloguing treasures so far.“There are some technical problems [in opening the sixth vault],” he said. “We’ll discuss all aspects of it at the meeting… on Friday.”Mr Krishnan said “more expertise” was needed before the vault is opened.The riches are thought to have been languishing in the temple vaults for more than a century, interred by the Maharajahs of Travancore over time.Concealed richesMeanwhile, security has been stepped up at the temple but police have refused to divulge exact details because they say it would make the treasure more “vulnerable”.The Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple was built in the 16th Century by the kings who ruled over the then kingdom of Travancore. Local legends say the Travancore kings sealed immense riches within the thick stone walls and vaults of the temple.Since independence from Britain, the temple has been controlled by a trust run by the descendants of the Travancore royal family. After 1947 the kingdom of Travancore merged with the princely state of Cochin, which eventually became the present-day state of Kerala.The inspections at the temple began after India’s Supreme Court appointed the seven-member panel to enter and assess the value of the objects stored in its cellars.The Supreme Court endorsed a ruling by the high court in Kerala, which ordered the state government to take over the temple and its assets from the royal trust. It also ordered the trust to hand over responsibility for the temple’s security to the police.The members of the Travancore royal family consider themselves to be servants of the presiding deity at the temple, Padmanabhaswamy, which is an aspect of the Hindu God Vishnu in eternal sleep. This is why they historically entrusted their wealth to the temple.But there was a public outcry when the Maharajah attempted to retain control of the temple by citing the special law, with many arguing that the wealth belonged to the people now.The vaults were opened in the presence of the panel, and observers, which include high court judges, temple officials, archaeology authorities, Sundar Rajan and a representative of the current Maharajah.
Last year the Toffees revealed they were exploring locations for a new home in collaboration with Liverpool City Council. And club chief executive Robert Elstone said at Everton’s 2014 General Meeting on Tuesday that, while a series of sites were being examined, one – which he refused to name – was being focused on more than the others. A team of external advisors, including planners, architects, designers and regeneration experts have been consulted on the proposed venture, with the viability of a new 50,000 capacity purpose-built ground inside the city boundaries of Liverpool under consideration. Elstone said: “The stadium remains a big priority. “We’re not ruling out any of the sites that we’ve identified and that the council has presented to us, but there is one site which is getting more attention and has been getting more attention for a number of months. “It has been worked on very carefully, diligently and in some detail by not only Everton, but by the council and by advisors, planners, architects, designers, cost consultants, regeneration experts and solicitors. So there’s a lot of work going into something that we’re very excited about. “We need a council being supportive financially and supportive entrepreneurially as well. At the moment there are signs that they are being that, and that’s to be welcomed and we’re delighted with that. “We hope it comes to fruition and, if it does, I think it’s something that the city and our fans will be very proud of.” Elstone was keen to emphasise that the risks, and debt, associated with any move away from Goodison Park were being contemplated by the club. He added: “The board is currently looking not only at this opportunity but also the associated risks and the debt that the club may well have to take on to deliver this, which may or may not be the right thing to do. Press Association “That’s exactly where we are in terms of the project at the moment – that consideration is ongoing by the board. “But, in summary, there’s a degree of optimism – perhaps some cautious optimism – but a degree of optimism. “We wouldn’t be investing what we’re doing without thinking it had a chance of success, and there’s a commitment as always to share information with our fans as soon as we can.” Elstone later suggested there could be further news on the matter by the start of the 2014/15 season. He said: “The timeframe is relatively short-term because we are sitting and evaluating whether this is the right thing to do, and we are certainly not going to dwell on that. “So at some point in the next few weeks and months, we will need to make a decision, and when we do, we will announce it to the fans.” Also speaking at the General Meeting at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall were Everton chairman Bill Kenwright and manager Roberto Martinez – both of whom stressed the Toffees do not need to sell any of their star players. Last summer, when Martinez arrived as boss, the club lost midfielder Marouane Fellaini to Manchester United. Fellaini had a buy-out clause in his contract and Kenwright said: “I think everyone here knows Marouane chose to have a price on his head. “We don’t have to sell anyone. “There is no-one with a price on their head like there was with Marouane.” Everton have thrived under Martinez – they still have an outside chance of a top-four Barclays Premier League finish – and several of their key players are likely to be on clubs’ wish-lists this summer. But the Spaniard said: “I think the answer everyone needs to know is that we are not in need of selling players, and I think that is important. “We will never sell a player due to financial needs. If we make a sale it will be in our football plans. “It has to be the judgement of the player, because we need something better or because it is the right time to move them on. If that is the case, the squad will be in a stronger position, because we will bring in two, three or four players.” Martinez chose to make specific reference to one of the stand-out performers of Everton’s campaign, 20-year-old England midfielder Ross Barkley. He said: “Ross came to see me and said ‘I love playing for Everton’ and that is a rare statement – you don’t get that any more. “Will there be new faces coming in and players going out (this summer)? Yes, of course – we need to do that. “I think we have all seen from window to window that we need to get fresher and newer. We need to have core players but also need to have good players coming in as well. “But you can rest assured the decisions will be football decisions.” Everton have expressed their excitement and “cautious optimism” about a particular site they have been looking at with a view to building a new stadium.