He highlighted four academics on the team whom he believed represented these qualities: I Dewa Gede Palguna, Apolo Safanpo, Makarim Wibisono and Bambang Purwoko.Established under a ministerial decree signed by Mahfud on Oct. 2, the team comprises ministry officials, members of state institutions, intellectuals and several Papuan figures including church pastors and indigenous leaders.The government-sanctioned team said on Monday that it had concluded its field investigation into the alleged shooting of Papuan pastor Yeremia Zanambani last month, despite naming no suspects.“The team has now reported all cases and it just has to combine them into a structured report. They are given until Oct. 17 to make the report and to discuss their findings before drawing a conclusion,” Mahfud added. Topics : Read also: Body of slain Intan Jaya pastor to be autopsied, says fact-finding teamHe also said that the team had managed to “break the existing barrier” of extracting information from armed criminal groups in Papua, something he claimed that no one had ever successfully done until now.“The family used to be very reluctant in giving their statements. Now, the team can easily meet the family. They want to give statements and share facts, even sign an agreement letter for pastor Yeremia’s body autopsy,” he said, claiming the success was a result of cultural diplomacy with the help of local figures.Head of the fact-finding team, Benny Mamoto, said the team had questioned approximately 25 eyewitnesses, including the victim’s wife, members of the medical team who provided care to the victim and several security personnel who happened to near the area at the time of the incident.Benny, who also heads the National Police Commission (Kompolnas), said the team would continuously monitor the case, even after it is dismissed after 14 days – the amount of time it was given to investigate the death of the Papuan pastor.“So, please, rest assured that we will monitor the process so that it will unfold in accordance with the law,” Benny said.According to the Indonesian Communion of Churches, the Indonesian Evangelical Christian Church (GKII) and local media in Papua, Yeremia was shot by Indonesian Army (TNI) personnel on his way to his pigpen on Sept. 19.The TNI denied the allegation, claiming that an armed group was responsible for the incident. In addition to Yeremia’s death, the team also investigated other deaths that took place in Intan Jaya at around the same time, including the shooting of civilian Badawi and TNI soldiers Chief Sgt. Sahlan and First Pvt. Dwi Akbar. Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister Mahfud MD has defended a joint fact-finding team sanctioned by the government to conduct probes into recent killings in Intan Jaya regency, Papua, saying the team is full of professionals with unyielding independence.He asserted that the team operated based on facts and dismissed accusations that it only followed the government’s orders.“The team has people whose perspectives can’t be bought. They cannot be dictated. If they say no, that means no and everyone will believe them,” he said in a press conference on Tuesday.
More from newsLand grab sees 12 Sandstone Lakes homesites sell in a week21 Jun 2020Tropical haven walking distance from the surf9 Oct 2019A beautiful view of Moreton Bay at 101 Biggs Ave, Beachmere.The cottage overlooks Moreton Bay and has two bedrooms and one bathroom, smaller than most along the waterfront but great for those looking to downsize.“There was a mixture of demographics of people interested in the property, but there were a lot looking to retire because of the area and affordability,” Mr Adelman said. The beachfront cottage 101 Biggs Ave, Beachmere, sold for just $565,000.This funky Beachmere cottage has sold in a private sale for $565,000 as retirees look to take advantage of a decline in the price of beachfront properties.LJ Hooker Bribie Island marketing agent Len Adelman said there were a number of parties looking at 101 Biggs Ave, with retirees taking the most interest. The fun kitchen at 101 Biggs Ave, Beachmere.Despite the fact the property was advertised with the option for a land-only purchase, the couple who purchased it intend on tidying it up and renting it out, before eventually retiring there in the future. Stunning details in the bedroom of 101 Biggs Ave, Beachmere.He said this reflected the market and could be due to the fact beachfront properties in the area have become more price-friendly over the past few years.“It does reflect the market in the sense that properties on the water have gone down quite a range in price,” Mr Adelman said.
As the stakes for standardized tests continue to rise, a new nonprofit organization will offer free preparation courses to disadvantaged high school students in Los Angeles in the hopes of improving their college opportunities.SEE College Prep — which provides SAT preparation programs to low-income students through partnerships with existing college programs — hopes to use USC as its base of operations.SEE hopes work with USC students to help students gain entrance into four-year colleges. The organization will be coordinating with a federally funded program that offers grants to poor students.“Our hope is that USC will more or less be the hub of [SEE] in the Los Angeles area,” said Garrett Neiman, the Stanford student who founded SEE and scored a 2400 on his SAT.SEE has already established programs in other parts of the state, with partnerships at Stanford University and UC Irvine. SEE offers a five-week, 42-hour program and curriculum designed by students from Stanford, according to the programs website.“This last summer we helped over 500 students,” said Austin Hay, a USC sophomore majoring in environmental engineering and SEE’s vice president of programs. “The average improvement score was 240 points.”As SEE expands into Southern California, Neiman hopes USC students will be a driving force in the program, both as tutors and volunteers.The main obstacle to finding volunteers is their test scores, Hay said, because SEE requires students to score in the 99th percentile across the board. As a result, many applicants are ineligible from the beginning.But Hay said he is still attempting to gather interest for the launch next summer. SEE is currently seeking tutors, recruiters, managers and advertisers.“Students would find it fulfilling to help [other] students, who are not as privileged, get into a school like USC,” Hay said.Laura Welch, a freshman majoring in business administration, said she knew students who didn’t take the SAT because of the cost, and said she would be interested in helping kids in similar situations by working as a tutor for SEE.“Especially since we’re so fortunate to be here,” Welch said. “[By taking SEE], it doesn’t matter where you come from or your financial situation.”According to Neiman, SEE also helps the communities where students take the nonprofit classes by recruiting the program’s top graduates as tutors.“By bringing back role models from those communities, we give students access to peers who really made it,” Neiman said.
Patricio is one of many players to have requested the cancellation of his contract with Sporting 2 How Liverpool could line up at Leicester with midfielder set for lengthy absence England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won What every Premier League club’s fans dream of this Christmas However, Sporting are unhappy with the way Patricio left, and they have drawn up a 63-page document, with the help of sports lawyer Juan de Dios Crespo Perez, which has been submitted to FIFA. Wolves completed the signing of Patricio earlier this summer silverware Liverpool news live: Klopp reveals when Minamino will play and issues injury update ALTERED gameday cracker Tottenham predicted XI to face Brighton with Mourinho expected to make big changes latest Most read in Premier League The average first-team salaries at every Premier League club in 2019 Sporting CP have made an official complaint to FIFA requesting a transfer ban for Wolverhampton Wanderers.The Portuguese side are unhappy with the move of Rui Patricio to Molineux, which was completed last month, as the goalkeeper joined the Premier League new boys on a free transfer after requesting the cancellation of his contract with the Lisbon side. predicted Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade revealed BIG PRESENTS UP TOP predicted smart causal 2 How Arsenal could line up in Arteta’s first official game in charge – Ozil return? How Everton could look in January under Ancelotti with new signings The document, which can be read in full on Record’s website, sees Sporting requesting almost £50million from Wolves in payment for Patricio, as well as asking for the club to receive a transfer ban lasting two windows and Patricio himself to be suspended from playing football for six months.The Birmingham Mail say Wolves insist they have done nothing wrong over the signing of Patricio. Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT NEW ERA Further claims suggest Sporting will cancel any legal action against Wolves if the Premier League new boys reach a deal with the Portuguese club.