News Coronavirus “information heroes” – journalism that saves lives News June 15, 2020 Find out more German spyware company FinFisher searched by public prosecutors Reporters Without Borders (Reporters sans frontières – RSF) expressed concern today at Bahrain’s refusal to allow the Qatari TV station Al-Jazeera to report on the country’s municipal elections and warned that such a ban would “seriously damage” the country’s image.”We regret that Bahrain is joining the long list of Arab countries that do not tolerate the freedom of expression heard in Al-Jazeera’s programmes,” said RSF secretary-general Robert Ménard in a letter to information minister Nabil Yacub el-Hamer. “Any station should be allowed to cover the elections,” he said, noting that Bahrain so far had a “fairly good reputation” where press freedom was concerned. The government blocked access in March to at least five Internet websites, some of them run by the opposition, charging that they were “platforms for spreading tendentious news, rumours and lies.”The minister earlier today rejected Al-Jazeera’s application to cover the elections, saying the station was “trying to harm Bahrain” and was “infiltrated by Zionists.” The refusal is thought to have been prompted by the station’s unauthorised coverage of demonstrations in the Bahraini capital against the Israeli offensive on the West Bank. BahrainMiddle East – North Africa News October 14, 2020 Find out more Receive email alerts Tenth anniversary of Bahraini blogger’s arrest Organisation Help by sharing this information to go further March 17, 2021 Find out more RSF_en May 10, 2002 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Al-Jazeera not wanted in Bahrain Follow the news on Bahrain BahrainMiddle East – North Africa News
Home » COVID-19 support » Property industry’s self-employed given same deal as employees – but they can still work previous nextAgencies & PeopleProperty industry’s self-employed given same deal as employees – but they can still workThe sector’s small army of self-employed agents, inventory clerks, maintenance freelancers and surveyors are to be given grants of up to £2,500 a month if they are struggling financially.Nigel Lewis27th March 202002,060 Views Chancellor Rishi Sunak last night revealed that self employed workers are to receive the same deal as their directly employed counterparts.The means the property industry’s army of self-employed workers including sales and lettings agents, surveyors, inventory clerks, property finders and property maintenance freelancers can now breathe easier.In a similar deal to furloughed employees, the self-employed will be paid 80% of their average monthly profits over the past three years up to £2,500 a month.“That’s unlike almost any other country and makes our scheme one of the most generous in the world,” said Sunak.It is to last for three months and could be extended for longer if necessary, Sunak revealed.But there is to be one crucial difference between the employee and self-employed schemes. Those working for themselves will be able to claim this grant but also continue to do business.Furloughed company staff, on the other hand, cannot work for their company or even complete training.Several other strings are attached. The scheme is not available to self-employed workers who earn over £50,000 and take a majority of their income from self-employment. The must also have a tax return for at least 2019/20.The news will be most welcome among the growing army of self-employed sales and letting agents in the UK who work for company’s such as Purplebricks, Keller Williams, eXP UK, Accommodation.co.uk and Century 21, eMoov and many others and who are though to number of 2,000 people.We approached two of the biggest estate agencies using self-employed staff, Purplebricks and Accommodation.co.uk for comment but both said they were still mulling what it meant for their business and agents, and said they wanted to see the detail of how the scheme would work before commenting.Industry reactionHew Edgar, Head of RICS UK Government Relations & City Strategy, said: “Our self-employed members, surveyors working up and down the country, were telling us of their concern and worry about the lack of support for their businesses. However, the Chancellor’s announcement today – allowing them to access grants of up to £2,500 based on reported profits – now changes that completely.“We at RICS are pleased the Chancellor has listened to the property industry and introduced this lifeline of financial protection for self-employed and freelance professionals.“There are thousands of self-employed professionals in the built environment, who are just as vital to our economy as SME and large business, so this support will ensure then can continue to operate and contribute to the wider economy now and after this virus has been beaten.”Furloughed employees hew edgar Rishi Sunak Purplebericks RICS accommodation.co.uk chartered surveyors March 27, 2020Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021
Seismologists said that they had detected an “artificial” rumbling, possibly caused by “widespread jumping” when the goal was scored.Fans crammed into the Zocalo, the city’s main square, to celebrate.“What happened today was an earthquake of joy for us — just imagine, we beat the world champions!” said Laura Villegas, a 45-year-old merchant who downed her beer with tequila in one gulp.“What happened hey, what happened hey, to the Germany that was going to beat us today?” the crowd chanted.The streets of Mexico City were full of jubilant football fans © AFP / RODRIGO ARANGUAPresident Enrique Pena Nieto joined the party, saying on Twitter: “Confirmed: Mexico competes and wins against the best in the world, Congratulations to @miseleccionmx! Great match!”Victory rallies erupted in other major cities such as Guadalajara, Toluca, Tijuana and Ciudad Juarez.– ‘Lozano for president’ –Fans celebrated across the country, including in Guadalajara © AFP / Ulises RuizThroughout the capital, the streets filled with exhilarated fans, on foot, bicycles, motorbikes or in cars. Some blasted their car stereos, while others shrieked in glee.Amid the cacophonous bustle, a veteran violinist played the traditional tune “Cielito Lindo” — roughly translated as “Lovely Sweet One.”The victory was a heart-stopping one, but “a small goal is still a goal,” said the musician, while fans left coins in his instrument case.One female fan, a flag in her hand and the national colors painted on her cheeks, screamed: “We are an Aztec warrior force!”“Lozano for president, Lozano for president!” fans cheered — not forgetting that the country will hold elections to choose a new leader on July 1.Ana Maria Contreras, a primary school teacher, came with her children and even dogs decked out in El Tri’s signature green jerseys to join the festivities.“We have shown that we can compete with any power. And I hope that whoever wins as president also knows how to lead us to victory,” she said.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Mexico fans gathered in the capital’s main Zocalo square erupt as their team defeated Germany at the World Cup © AFP / RODRIGO ARANGUAMEXICO CITY, Mexico, Jun 18 – Thousands of jubilant Mexico supporters partied in the streets of the capital Sunday after their team’s shock 1-0 victory over World Cup holders Germany — singing, dancing, blaring car horns and cheering El Tri.The earth literally moved in quake-prone Mexico City when Hirving “Chucky” Lozano smashed home the game-winning goal in the 35th minute at Moscow’s Luzhniki Stadium — a football “earthquake of joy.”
Patricio is one of many players to have requested the cancellation of his contract with Sporting 2 How Liverpool could line up at Leicester with midfielder set for lengthy absence England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won What every Premier League club’s fans dream of this Christmas However, Sporting are unhappy with the way Patricio left, and they have drawn up a 63-page document, with the help of sports lawyer Juan de Dios Crespo Perez, which has been submitted to FIFA. Wolves completed the signing of Patricio earlier this summer silverware Liverpool news live: Klopp reveals when Minamino will play and issues injury update ALTERED gameday cracker Tottenham predicted XI to face Brighton with Mourinho expected to make big changes latest Most read in Premier League The average first-team salaries at every Premier League club in 2019 Sporting CP have made an official complaint to FIFA requesting a transfer ban for Wolverhampton Wanderers.The Portuguese side are unhappy with the move of Rui Patricio to Molineux, which was completed last month, as the goalkeeper joined the Premier League new boys on a free transfer after requesting the cancellation of his contract with the Lisbon side. predicted Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade revealed BIG PRESENTS UP TOP predicted smart causal 2 How Arsenal could line up in Arteta’s first official game in charge – Ozil return? How Everton could look in January under Ancelotti with new signings The document, which can be read in full on Record’s website, sees Sporting requesting almost £50million from Wolves in payment for Patricio, as well as asking for the club to receive a transfer ban lasting two windows and Patricio himself to be suspended from playing football for six months.The Birmingham Mail say Wolves insist they have done nothing wrong over the signing of Patricio. Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT NEW ERA Further claims suggest Sporting will cancel any legal action against Wolves if the Premier League new boys reach a deal with the Portuguese club.