Facebook Twitter Facebook TCU students speak out on civil rights issues Bridging the divide: TCU promotes dialogue between Christianity and Islam Adam Kelley + posts Previous articleTCU students have a blast with Bo BurnhamNext articleVolleyball sweeps SDSU, falls to USD to end tournament Adam Kelley RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Linkedin TCU students react to an increase in drug violations Linkedin ReddIt Calls to the TCU Police Department drop this semester TCU implements new writing contest Adam Kelleyhttps://www.tcu360.com/author/adam-kelley/ Adam is a senior writing major, journalism and religion double minor. He covers crime and public safety for TCU360. Alcohol violations on opening game day remain low TCU campus reopens Saturday, classes to resume Monday ReddIt Twitter Adam Kelleyhttps://www.tcu360.com/author/adam-kelley/ Adam Kelleyhttps://www.tcu360.com/author/adam-kelley/ Adam Kelleyhttps://www.tcu360.com/author/adam-kelley/ printIt’s been a few weeks into the new school year, and crime rates at TCU are lower than expected.A total of 25 crimes were logged by the TCU Police Department in August of 2015, ranging from public intoxication, to fighting, to stolen bicycles.This number is actually much lower than anticipated, given the increase in enrollment.“There normally tends to be more crime with a bigger population on campus,” said TCU Police Lt. Ramiro Abad.“We expect the rates will go up because we have a bigger influx of people,” Abad said. “Whenever you have that increase, the potential for certain things to happen increases drastically, and that’s with any populace.”The total number of crimes logged in the month of August were the lowest they’ve been since 2009, and 16 percent lower than the average from 2010 to 2014, according to the crime log.TCU has been growing steadily in student body size for the past couple of decades.In the fall of 2000, the Frogs set a new school record with a fall enrollment of 7,775, according to the TCU Office of Institutional Research.Ten years later, the enrollment number increased by more than a thousand, totaling 9,142, and since then it’s increased at an average of about 200 students per year.The fall 2014 enrollment is listed at 10,033, according to the Office of Institutional Research. But with that growth came an increase in student misconduct, as well as some notable drug arrests, according to TCU police.Enrollment for fall 2015 has not yet been released.
ColombiaAmericas Help by sharing this information Follow the news on Colombia News News April 27, 2021 Find out more 2011-2020: A study of journalist murders in Latin America confirms the importance of strengthening protection policies RSF, IFEX-ALC and Media Defence, support FLIP and journalist Diana Díaz against state harassment in Colombia RSF begins research into mechanisms for protecting journalists in Latin America Receive email alerts Reports Organisation ColombiaAmericas RSF_en News May 13, 2021 Find out more Reporters Without Borders reiterates its call for an investigation by the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) following a new round of revelations about the spying on journalists and news media by the DAS, an intelligence agency that reports directly to the president’s office. The phone-tap scandal was first exposed by the weekly Semana in February.“Ever since DAS director Jorge Noguera was fired and jailed and paramilitary infiltration of the intelligence services was exposed in 2005, it has been clear that the phones of journalists – some of them known to be in the government’s sights – were being tapped,” Reporters Without Borders said. “The latest details leaked to the press by former DAS officials reveal the scale of this practice and are damning for the president’s office.”The press freedom organisation added: “At a time when the possibility of a third term is being mentioned, President Alvaro Uribe must give a public response on this matter instead of trying to hide behind broad denials. A violation of the principles of the American Convention on Human Rights on such a scale requires the IACHR’s involvement.”According to the latest reports, eight news media and 14 journalists are named in documents that former DAS officials have leaked to Semana and RCN, one of Colombia’s leading broadcasting networks. Capt. Jorge Lagos, a former member of the DAS counter-espionage directorate, says the taps were carried out on the orders of the DAS leadership in coordination with the Casa de Nariño (the presidential palace) and that presidential secretary Bernardo Moreno and presidential adviser José Obdulio Gaviria were among those who received copies of the phone-tap reports.Daniel Coronell, one of the journalists on the list (see below), has described the scandal as a “Watergate” for the president’s office. The Casa de Nariño denied any involvement on 12 May, blaming “former DAS officials who are trying to discredit the government.”The journalists named in the list include Jenny Arias and Vicky Dávila of RCN; Yamid Amat and Marilyn López of the public TV station CM&; Fabio Callejas and Darío Arizmendi of privately-owned Caracol Radio; Julio Sánchez Cristo, the head of the privately-owned TV station La W; Daniel Coronell of the public TV station Canal Uno; Norbey Quevedo of the daily El Espectador; Salud Hernández and Edulfo Peña of the daily El Tiempo; Alejandro Santos, the editor of the weekly Semana; and Carlos Lozano, the editor of the weekly Voz. to go further May 15, 2009 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Former intelligence officials leak list of news media and journalists whose phones were tapped October 21, 2020 Find out more
Facebook WhatsApp Deal on Ireland’s bank debt in question, Deputy Pringle not surprised News By News Highland – September 26, 2012 Google+ Pinterest Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released The future of a potential deal on Ireland’s bank debt is in question – after Germany, Finland and the Netherlands have appeared to row back on the agreement made earlier this year.They’ve issued a joint statement saying Europe’s ESM fund should only be used to deal with current difficulties, and it should not apply to legacy assets.The Government had hoped that the deal made in June would see money from the European bailout fund used for Anglo Irish Bank.Donegal South-West Deputy, Thomas Pringle says the rowback doesn’t come as a surprise, and he says the Government were relying too heavily on this apparent deal….[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/tprin1pm.mp3[/podcast] PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Previous articleDonegal Deputy says Environment Minister must clarify his positionNext articleInishowen Saorview signal problems aired in the Dáil News Highland Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Pinterest WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Facebook Twitter HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week Google+ Twitter