FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享S&P Global Market Intelligence ($):Colorado regulators approved an EVRAZ PLC subsidiary’s unique agreement with Xcel Energy Inc. for the steel company to have a 240-MW solar plant built on its mill property in Pueblo, Colo.Xcel Energy subsidiary Public Service Co. of Colorado on Aug. 15 applied to the Colorado Public Utilities Commission for approval of a special energy services agreement and rates the utility said would enable EVRAZ to use power generated by the solar plant for its operations.EVRAZ is Xcel Energy’s largest retail electric customer in Colorado and now receives service directly through transmission lines from the Comanche Generating Station. Xcel Energy plans to close two units of the coal power plant with a total capacity of 660 MW as part of its Colorado Energy Plan.The commission on Sept. 10 approved the plan, which Xcel Energy said was essential for clearing the path for EVRAZ to build the solar plant. Allowing solar to replace coal will free up transmission capacity for the solar plant to export surplus energy and for the mill to receive power from other sources when solar output diminishes, according to Xcel Energy spokesman Mark Stutz.An as yet unnamed third-party independent power producer will build and own the solar facility for EVRAZ, and no information was available as to when the plant will be built. Details remain confidential because the EVRAZ board of directors has not yet approved the facility, Stutz said.EVRAZ said its ability to maintain stable energy costs at its Pueblo mill is critical to its decision to continue operating that facility, which employs about 1,000 workers. With the pending closure of the coal plant, EVRAZ alternatively planned to move its mill operations to the southeast U.S.More ($): Colorado approves agreement for steel mill to replace coal plant with solar Colorado regulators approve Xcel plan to power steel mill with solar
In 2004 Acambis temporarily halted one of its phase 3 trials comparing ACAM2000 with Dryvax, the currently licensed smallpox vaccine that is no longer produced, after myopericarditis developed in at least three of the research subjects. The HHS, in an Apr 20 release of its plan for developing and buying medical countermeasures against a range of biological, chemical, and other threats, said it was planning to stockpile a weaker version of the smallpox vaccinemodified vaccinia Ankara (MVA)for certain groups, such as pregnant women and immuncompromised people, who can’t receive the conventional smallpox vaccine. The agency “is well advanced in the pre-award stage” of a program to buy an MVA vaccine. Two companies have developed MVA vaccines: Acambis and Copenhagen-based Bavarian Nordic. Acambis has a contract with the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to make 209 million doses of smallpox vaccine for the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) to use in the event of a terrorist release of smallpox virus. Marc Wolfson, a spokesman for the HHS Office of Public Health Emergency Preparedness in Washington, told CIDRAP News in an e-mail that the company has delivered 192.5 million doses of ACAM2000 so far and has been paid $573,650,000. May 18, 2007 (CIDRAP News) A US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) panel yesterday recommended that the agency approve a smallpox vaccine made by British biotechnology company Acambis plc that is currently being stockpiled for the US government. “This vaccine should not be used lightly,” said Pamela McInnes, a panelist who directs the Center for Integrative Biology and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health. See also: Panel members said if the FDA approves the vaccine it should require the company to continue clinical trials and other measures, Reuters reported. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Acambis are discussing an arrangement for Acambis to provide long-term production of the vaccine using a US-based supply chain and production (ie, warm-base manufacturing), Acambis said in its press release. Having an FDA-licensed product is a prerequisite to finalizing a warm-base manufacturing contract with the CDC, Garland said. HHS countermeasures implementation planhttp://www.hhs.gov/aspr/ophemc/enterprise/strategy/strategy.html Panelists said they had to weigh the risks of heart inflammation, which would be unacceptable for routine vaccination, against the threat that US military personnel and others in high-risk settings face regarding smallpox exposure, Reuters reported. Ian Garland, Acambis’ chief executive officer, said in a company press release that the FDA panel’s recommendation reinforces the company’s confidence that ACAM2000 will be licensed. The FDA told Acambis its target date for an approval decision is Aug 31, 2007. The panel unanimously voted 11 to 0 that ACAM2000 is both safe and effective, Karen Reilly, an FDA spokesperson, told CIDRAP News in an e-mail after the meeting. The FDA is not bound by the advisory panel recommendations but usually follows them. The positive recommendation came despite some concerns panel members raised about the side effects of the vaccine. Some outside experts who spoke at the meeting said the risk of heart inflammation in people who had been vaccinated warranted further review, according to a Reuters report yesterday. May 17 Acambis news releasehttp://www.acambis.com/default.asp?id=1893 ACAM2000 uses vaccinia virus, a close relative of smallpox, and is grown in cell culture. It is derived from Dryvax, a first-generation vaccine that was used in global smallpox eradication programs. The newer vaccine is grown in cell culture rather than on the skin of calves, which is thought to produce a purer and safer vaccine that has less risk of rare but serious complications.
Defensor even sought to revive the “fouro’clock habit” when people gather to clean their surroundings every 4 p.m. ILOILO – Brief rain showers did nothamper the province-wide cleanup drive dubbed “Limpyo Iloilo.” Hundreds ofvolunteers from the province’s 43 local government units took part inFriday’s simultaneous activity. For his part, Santa Barbara mayor RemaSomo, supports the revival of four o’clock habit or the “once a week search forkey containers and other breeding sites of mosquitoes and eventually destroythem at 4-o’clock in the afternoon in every household” as one of the preventivemeasure against dengue. “Cleanliness should become a way of life.We must first appreciate cleanliness, so we can make it a habit,” stressedDefensor in his speech at Santa Barbara National High School (SBNHS). Defensor also reminded Ilonggos of theprovincial ordinance that regulates the use of single-use plastics, which hepointed to as the top source of trash in the province. The program’s launch at the SBNHS wasattended by about 600 national and local government employees. According to Defensor, he wanted theprovince to have a “clean province identity” through the campaign. Volunteers from the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology join the province-wide cleanup drive dubbed “Limpyo Iloilo” on Friday. The activity promotes culture and character of cleanliness, and spirit of volunteerism among Ilonggos, says Gov. Arthur “Toto” Defensor Jr. IAN PAUL CORDERO/PN Gov. Arthur Defensor Jr., who led thelaunching of the campaign in Santa Barbara, Iloilo, underscored the importanceof cleanliness in addressing not only visual pollution but also in curbing thespread of communicable diseases. The provincial government has previouslylaunched several cleanup initiatives amid the dengue scare last year. Theseincluded the Brigada Eskwela Kontra Dengue; province-wide cleanup drive heldevery Saturday which lasted for a month; and the one-day cleanup of the entireCapitol premises. (Capitol News/PN) The Provincial Environment and NaturalResources Office (PENRO) spearheads this campaign which will be done everythird Saturday of each month in line with Provincial Ordinance No. 2018-184,Series of 2019 (“An ordinance requiring all local government units in coastalareas of the province of Iloilo to conduct a community-based coastal clean-upactivity once a month”). “Single-use plastic is the number onesource of litter and we must use ‘alat’ (handwoven basket) when we go to themarket,” he said. Other “Limpyo” partners come fromnongovernment organizations, the religious sector, people’s organizations,youth organizations, and cooperatives. “We don’t end here. This is just thebeginning,” he said.
Barcelona management have no fears over the plans of Lionel Messi. Loading… The Argentine is happy with their move for Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez and convinced by the potential of the board’s team-building plans. read also:Messi facing a losing battle against Cristiano Ronaldo Messi met with Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu and chief exec Grascar Grau on Saturday, having stayed in regular contact during the coronavirus lockdown. And those close to all parties say the club captain was in an upbeat mood. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 With his contract carrying a break clause for this summer, there’s been claims Messi could walk away from Barca and sign for long time suitors Inter Milan. However, while his deal runs to 2021, there’s confidence inside the boardroom that Messi is prepared to enter new contract talks.Advertisement Promoted Content2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Best & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A Vegetarian7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better20 “The Big Bang Theory” Moments Only A Few Fans Knew About10 Legendary Historical Movies You Should See9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooInsane Japanese Tech That Make You Wish You Lived In JapanWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?What Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?5 Reasons Why The Black Widow Solo Movie Will Be Awesome
Loading… Agent of departing Chelsea midfielder Willian admits a move to Arsenal is close. Willian announced he would be leaving Chelsea after seven years when his contract expires this August, and has reportedly already completed his medical at Arsenal. The Brazilian will put pen to paper on a three-year deal worth £150,000-a-week. Kia Joorabchian appeared to confirm this on talkSPORT, saying: “It won’t be long before we announce it. We know where he is going.”Advertisement read also:Arsenal boss Arteta promises Willian new role However, the agent also cooled talk of a deal with Arsenal for Sporting CP winger Joelson Fernandes. He added: “We have never ever spoken to him about Arsenal. It is so untrue.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooThe Most Clever Uses Of CGI In CinemaPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do
At that location, a man named Michael Jones told police officers that another man who was camping on his property in a white Jeep Wrangler had attacked him.Jones said when he told the man, who was later identified as Dovi, to get off his property, Dovi threw him to the ground and then used the Jeep to crash into a golf cart being used by Jones’ business partner. Dovi then allegedly backed up in Jones’ Porsche.Next, Dovi, engaged police and FHP troopers in a chase north on I-95, until a trooper’s PIT maneuver caused him to crash near Hillsboro Blvd.Detectives say that since the incidents occurred within close proximity of each other, and within a close time frame, they are looking into the possibility that the murders and the assault on Jones could be related.Dovi was arrested on charges of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, aggravated assault and fleeing and eluding. He remains at the Broward County Jail. The two men who were found stabbed to death behind a luxury condo on the beach at Galt Ocean Mile in Fort Lauderdale were homeless, according to an update from police.Authorities identified the men as 59-year-old Walter Amryan III and 37-year-old Adan Gonsulez. Their bodies were found at around 6:15 a.m. on June 9 at 3100 N. Ocean Boulevard, behind the L’Hermitage condo.The Fort Lauderdale Police Department had withheld the duo’s identities as they attempted to locate next of kin. While they were able to find relatives of Amryan, they said they have “exhausted all available means to find the family of Gonsulez and are asking anyone that might have information to contact police.”Police are still calling 64-year-old Daniel Dovi a “person of interest” in the killings.Three hours after detectives found the two men’s bodies on the beach, officers responded to a call a about a half mile south, at 2613 Center Ave.#BREAKING: Suspect in custody after @FHPMiami uses pit maneuver to bring police chase to an end. Northbound I-95 is closed near Hillsboro Blvd pic.twitter.com/Vsbiapo4vs— WSVN 7 News (@wsvn) June 9, 2020
FORMER Indian captain Anil Kumble has joined the voices of those expressing doubt that Royal Challengers Bangalore will attempt to retain Windies batting star Chris Gayle for the upcoming season of the Indian Premier League (IPL).The 38-year-old Gayle, who was signed by the franchise in 2011, was sent to the auction block after RCB opted to retain Indian captain Virat Kohli (17 crores), South African star AB de Villiers (11 crores) and Sarfaraz Khan (3 crores).The franchise could still opt to retain the West Indian, who has set a base price of 2 crores ahead of the auction, with its Right to Match (RTM) clause, but based on the remaining budgetary allocation Kumble has pointed out that it is unlikely.The former RCB captain also believes the player’s form in recent seasons held a clue as to the decision that was on the horizon.“Possibly they [RCB] will be cautious. They have to build the entire team as well. If you looked at last year, Gayle did not play in a couple of matches for RCB. It was not because he was injured or something, he was not picked. That’s a giveaway on whether they will go after him at the auction,” Kumble said.Following the retention of Kohli, De Villiers and Khan the team must form a complete side with the remaining 49 crores.“However, he has shown he can win games single-handedly. I think there will be other franchises who will be looking for him.But all of them will be a bit cautious. However, he is currently in good form. But I am not too sure if RCB will use the RTM for Gayle.”
Murphy says his horse is in great form. Its day five of the Listowel Festival where the first of an eight-race card is off at 2.05.Co.Tipperary trainer Joe Murphy will run Swamp Fox – who was second in the Galway Hurdle – in this afternoon’s feature race at the Kerry track the Ladbrokes Ireland Handicap Hurdle.The Fethard trainer has booked 5lbs claimer Johnny Barry as Swamp Fox will carry top weight and in heavy ground, he feels it will help to take a few pounds off his back. Stock photo of horse racing | Photo © Pixabay