Shikhar Dhawan congratulates Rohit Sharma on becoming a father: I am very happy for himIndia vs Australia: Shikhar Dhawan addressed the media ahead of the third and final ODI against Australia where he congratulated Rohit Sharma.advertisement India Today Web Desk MelbourneJanuary 17, 2019UPDATED: January 17, 2019 14:00 IST Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma are one of the most successful ODI opening pairs in the game right now (Dhawan Instagram)HIGHLIGHTSRohit Sharma and Ritika Sajdeh welcomed their first baby on December 30Rohit is the second highest scorer in the current ODI series with 176 runsDhawan and Rohit recently became the 4th opening pair in ODI history to go past 4000 runsShikhar Dhawan, who is a father of three, is very happy for his opening partner Rohit Sharma after the Indian ODI vice-captain welcomed his first baby with wife Ritika Sajdeh on late last year.Rohit and Ritika became proud parents of a baby girl on December 30 and they named their child, Samaira.Dhawan, who was addressing the media ahead of the third ODI against Australia, was asked about Rohit’s daughter and he took this opportunity to congratulate the Hitman.”I’m very happy for Rohit and his wife. Ofcourse he is very happy after becoming a father and I’m sure he’ll be a great father,” Dhawan said.Congrats on becoming a Daddy @ImRo45 – @SDhawan25 has a message for you #TeamIndia pic.twitter.com/JTlNoRR7OhBCCI (@BCCI) January 17, 2019The left-handed opener was also quizzed about him practicing with tennis balls during India’s nets session on Thursday. Dhawan replied by saying that he does that to fine-tune his reflexes against the short ball.”That drill is to keep my muscle memory and reflexes quick for bouncers, as Australia has fast bowlers, quick fast bowlers.”As an opener I make sure that my reflexes are quick, and even my decision making gets stronger, it’s a repetitive drill so I like doing it,” Dhawan explained.Dhawan also said that it was great to see MS Dhoni performing well in both the ODIs of their ongoing three-match series and added that he is happy that the wicket-keeper batsman is getting back in touch.He also praised right-hand batsman Dinesh Kartik who played a knock of 25 runs off 24 balls in the last ODI against Australia.advertisement”It was great to see a good team performance in the last one day match against Australia. The way Dhoni played in both the games is really great. I am very happy that Dhoni is getting his touch back. A player of his stature, who plays the game with so much calmness, gives so much confidence to other batsmen. It is very important for us.”Even Dinesh (Karthik) played a very good knock in the last game. So the good thing is that we got all fit and mature players which make us a strong batting unit. We have been consistent in our performance over the past few years and hopefully, we will continue performing well in coming years,” he said.India will be aiming to clinch the ODI series while taking on Australia in their final match of the series. Dhawan admitted that if they won, it would be a good achievement for the team adding that they are looking forward to the match.”It will be a big final tomorrow. It is going to be an interesting game for both the teams. We are looking forward to an exciting game tomorrow. It (the victory) will mean a lot to us. It is always good to come here and win. If we win tomorrow, it will be a big achievement for us. Of course, we are going to value it and cherish it,” Dhawan said.Meanwhile, Cricket Australia announced the final playing XI for the series-decider against India, making two changes to the team with Adam Zampa and Billy Stanlake replacing Nathan Lyon and Jason Behrendorff.Australia XI: Aaron Finch, Alex Carey, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Peter Siddle, Adam Zampa, Billy StanlakeAlso Read | India’s only concern in ODI series vs Australia is 3rd seamer: Sunil GavaskarAlso Read | Rishabh Pant for World Cup 2019? Sachin Tendulkar weighs in with his thoughtsAlso Read | MS Dhoni back with a bang after Adelaide heroics, says Nikhil ChopraFor sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byrohan sen Tags :Follow India vs AustraliaFollow Shikhar DhawanFollow Rohit SharmaFollow Melbourne ODI
The public has more time to provide input on increasing effectiveness of school boards. Education Minister Karen Casey today, Aug. 19, extended the deadline for consultation on proposed legislative changes outlined in a government discussion paper, Increasing the Effectiveness of School Board Governance in Nova Scotia. Submissions will now be accepted until Sept. 2. The consultation, announced July 31, had been originally set to conclude at the end of this week. “It is very important that we ensure the public has a reasonable amount of time to provide input on our proposed changes to school board governance,” said Ms. Casey. “Because of vacations and summer schedules, we decided our deadline may be difficult for some groups and individuals to meet.” The minister said the new deadline will strike the appropriate balance between providing sufficient time for public comment and ensuring Nova Scotians and potential candidates know what changes to expect on the issue of school board governance before nominations close on Sept. 9. “I think it is important that all potential school board candidates be fully informed about our proposed changes before they make the decision to run for election,” Ms. Casey said. Feedback received from the public and education partners will be used to prepare new legislation, which will be introduced in the fall sitting of the legislature. The Department of Education discussion paper proposes giving elected boards a broader range of disciplinary measures against disorderly members, while ensuring any board member who has been disciplined has access to a fair and transparent appeal process. The proposed changes will also set out clear guidelines and expectations for all elected members and board meetings. The discussion document is available on line at the www.ednet.ns.ca . Comments can be submitted by e-mailing email@example.com , writing School Board Governance Effective Governance Review, Department of Education, Corporate Policy Branch, P.O. Box 578, Halifax, N.S., B3J 2S9, or by faxing 902-424-0519.
The ship was under tow, she had no power she was powerless. She was surrounded by tug boats, whatever the problem it was clearly very seriousMichael Penn The Type 45 Daring Class destoyer is one of the fleet’s most advanced warshipsCredit:Raymond Wergan As HMS Duncan was towed back into port a spokesman for the Royal Navy spokesman said the vessel had experienced “technical issues”. Watching the crippled warship being towed back Michael Penn, a van driver, who was watching from Plymouth’s Jennycliff, said: “The ship was under tow, she had no power she was powerless.”He added: “She was surrounded by tug boats, whatever the problem it was clearly very serious.” The fleet’s Type 45 destroyers were hailed as the most revolutionary warships in the world when they were first commissioned into the fleet. But within a couple of years problems the ships started to report power failures, although the Royal Navy refused to admit there was a problem until this year. The most concerning incident involved HMS Daring, the first of class, in 2009 when on her maiden deployment to the United States the ship lost power in the Atlantic ocean. Since then there have been numerous operational incidents reported, including HMS Dauntless which suffered a power outage during a naval exercise in 2014.In January 2016 the MoD confirmed that repairs would be carried out on all six Daring class warships in order to make sure they are fully operational. A key factor in the multi-million-pound procurement of the destroyers was that they would not need a refit for at least 25 years, saving the naval budget significant costs in major dockyard maintenance periods. In 2014 the Navy established Project Napier, a long term plan to improve power on all six Type 45 which includes new equipment and an upgrade the diesel generator system to provide greater resilience and integration with the main engines. The estimated cost of repairs stands at £1 billion with many of the engineering parts including the diesel generators being bespoke items made just fore the Type 45 class.The incident aboard HMS Duncan comes days after the MoD confirmed that the Harpoon missiles – the only antiship weapon on the Type 23 frigates and Type 45 destroyers is to be withdrawn from service.As senior naval officers seek to make further saving to support the operational running costs of the new super carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth, the defence select committee warned that the fleet is seriously short of warships.In October 2016, Duncan, escorted by the frigate HMS Richmond, was dispatched by the Ministry of Defence to intercept and “man-mark” a fleet of Russian Navy vessels, including their flagship Admiral Kuznetsov, which were passing through the English Channel on their way to Syria.The destroyer then escorted the fleet out of the Channel and into the North Atlantic.A Royal Navy spokesperson said: “HMS Duncan experienced technical issues and will resume operations once a full assessment has taken place.” A Royal Navy Type 45 destroyer has been towed back into port just two days after it sailed following a total propulsion failure while taking part in Nato exercises.The Daring class warship, HMS Duncan, left Devonport naval base at Plymouth on Sunday take part in a series of maritime wargames with Spanish, Portuguese and German warships.But the 4,500 tonne hi-tech ship limped back into Plymouth on Wednesday under tow and shadowed by three additional dockyard tugs as well as the Ministry of Defence police. Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings. The incident took place as HMS Duncan was taking part in routine manoeuvres off the Devon coast, known as Flag Officer Sea Training, to prepare her crew for operations. The incident is the latest in a series of electrical failures which have plagued the Type 45 fleet and forced the Navy to admit that all six destroyers need major repairs. All six Type 45s, which are based at Portsmouth, are fitted with a revolutionary integrated electrical propulsion system which drives the ship with “clean” power. But the power is generated from a diesel generator which has often failed to deliver enough energy, forcing the system to shut down – leaving weapons systems exposed and the ship vulnerable to attack.