Mesut Ozil was left out of Arsenal’s match day squad for the matches against Man Utd and Eintracht Frankfurt (Picture: Getty)Unai Emery has refused to guarantee Mesut Ozil will be given a chance to stake a claim to revive his Arsenal career against Standard Liege on Thursday.The Germany international has been reduced to a bit-part role this season, making only just two appearances one of which came in the Carabao Cup against Championship promotion hopefuls Nottingham Forest.Ozil was omitted from the matchday squad which travelled to Germany a fortnight ago as Arsenal started their Europa League campaign with a 3-0 win over Eintracht Frankfurt.The 30-year-old was again absent on Monday as Arsenal battled to a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford against Manchester Untied, with Emery declining to explain his decision to leave the club’s highest earner back in London.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTAsked if Ozil would make his return tomorrow, Emery said: ‘We are going to train then and after we are going to decide.‘I am going to decide the best first XI and in the squad also the best who can help us.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalPressed on whether Ozil could be loaned out in January, Emery added: ‘He’s our player now.’Whether Ozil features or not, Emery is determined to improve still further on his impressive record in this competition which has seen him collect three winners’ medals with Sevilla, before leading Arsenal to last year’s final against Chelsea.He said: ‘I want to feel that not just me loves this competition, that everybody loves it. We want to do something important. It’s one title, one way to the Champions League.‘We are going to play very good matches, we started against a great team, playing a very good match away. The response of the young players was amazing, one example is Bukayo.‘Standard Liege are second in their domestic competition, we respect them a lot.’Will Mesut Ozil be loaned out in January?Yes0%No0%Share your resultsShare your resultsTweet your resultsMORE: The real reason former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger sold Serge GnabryMORE: Arsenal hero Ray Parlour predicts Mesut Ozil transfer exit after Manchester United snub Comment Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 2 Oct 2019 1:27 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link545Shares Unai Emery refuses to offer Mesut Ozil Europa League guarantee Advertisement
Governor Wolf Announces Extension of Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program Application Deadline June 07, 2017 Press Release, PSA, Seniors Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf today announced the Property Tax/Rent Rebate program deadline for older adults and residents with disabilities to apply for rebates of rent and property taxes paid in 2016 has been extended from June 30 to Dec. 31, 2017.“We want to ensure that every eligible senior and resident in Pennsylvania can take advantage of this important money-saving program is able to,” Governor Wolf said. “This important program helps seniors and residents with disabilities feel more secure in the place where they live. I urge families to talk to their loved ones about whether they qualify, and if so, assist them in filling out the free application.”“The department has extended the program deadline again this year to ensure that everyone who is eligible has time to apply for rebates,” said Acting Revenue Secretary Dan Hassell. “Last year nearly 600,000 seniors and people with disabilities benefitted from the program. We encourage all of those eligible to apply.”Each year the department evaluates the program as the statutory June 30 application deadline approaches to determine if funds are available to extend the deadline. To date, funding has been available to allow all who qualify to advance to this program.As of May 26, the Revenue Department had received 465,064 rebate applications. As specified by law, rebate distribution cannot begin until July 1. Because July 1 falls on a Saturday this year, payment for processed applications of direct deposit recipients will occur on July 3. Applicants requesting a paper check can expect to receive their payment by mail over the next several days. After June 30, rebates will be distributed as claims are received and processed. Applications take 4-6 weeks to process.Applicants may obtain Property Tax/Rent Rebate claim forms (PA-1000) and related information online at www.revenue.pa.gov or by calling, toll-free, 1-888-222-9190.It costs nothing to apply for a rebate, and the department reminds residents that free application assistance is available at hundreds of locations across the state, including Department of Revenue district offices, local Area Agencies on Aging, senior centers and state legislators’ offices.Claimants who already applied for rebates may check the status of claims online at www.revenue.pa.gov or by calling, toll-free, 1-888-PATAXES.About the Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program:The rebate program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians age 65 and older; widows and widowers age 50 and older; and people with disabilities age 18 and older. The income limit is $35,000 a year for homeowners and $15,000 annually for renters, and half of Social Security income is excluded.The maximum standard rebate is $650, but supplemental rebates for certain qualifying homeowners can boost rebates to $975. The Revenue Department automatically calculates supplemental rebates for qualifying homeowners.Since the Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program’s 1971 inception, older and disabled adults have received more than $6.5 billion in property tax and rent relief. The program is funded by the Pennsylvania Lottery and revenue from slots gaming. SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
GUYANA Defence Force (GDF) Major Shen Fung and incumbent president Aubrey Hutson are the only two nominees for the post of president of the Athletics Association of Guyana (AAG), when that entity holds its elections of office-bearers on January 22.There are seven nominees to fill the two vice-presidents post, however, including Police Progressive Youth athletics club coaches Lyndon Wilson and Mark Scott, and business man Colin Ming, Guyana Olympic House (GOA) secretary-general Hector Edwards and former AAG president Colin Boyce.It was from Boyce that Hutson took over the presidency in 2013. Hutson was not nominated for any other post up for elections, but says he’s confident of being re-elected to the helm, despite surrounding controversy.The AAG elections comes on the heels of the GOA elections, that was another surrounded by controversy but nonetheless saw its president K. A Juman-Yassin return to power.Current vice-presidents, Minister Dr George Norton, and Paul Arthur were not on the VP candidate list. Current treasurer Niall Stanton was nominated to remain as treasurer. If he loses there he could still go for the assistant-treasurer position, as he’s also nominated for this position along with Carla Roberts, Carlota Abrams, coach Raymond Daw and former athlete Elton Bollers.The most nominations – eighteen – came in for the council members, of which the executive body has five. Wilson and Scott were also nominated for this post as well.Nominations for the varying posts closed on January 6, where any of the nine eligible clubs was allowed to submit their candidates for the varying posts. Come elections day each club will have one vote.Those voting are the Guyana Defence Force (GDF), the Guyana Police Force (GPF) club, Super Upcoming Runners (SUR), De Challengers, Upper Demerara, Christianburg Wismar Secondary School, Running Braves, Mercury Fast Laners and New Amsterdam United Conquerors.