Chelsea manager Lampard: Hudson-Odoi, James not ready for returnby Freddie Taylora month agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea manager Frank Lampard says Callum Hudson-Odoi and Reece James need more time in the U23s.The teenage duo are expected to be utilised in Lampard’s first-team squad after returning to action with the U23 side last week.But Lampard wants to see them gain more fitness before returning to be considered for selection.”They are fit but not match fit,” said Lampard ahead of Tuesday’s Champions League clash with Valencia. “Callum is getting extra work in and with Reece, he played in the Under-23s and they may need another game in the Under-23s in them before they are ready for action. N’Golo similarly. “Although not to play in Under-23s, he will have more training to do just because the injury has been bothering him.” About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say
Wide receiver Duron Carter, son of Ohio State legend Cris Carter, has left OSU and enrolled at a community college in Kansas, coach Jim Tressel confirmed Monday in a statement released by the OSU athletic department.Carter caught 13 passes for 179 yards and one touchdown in his freshman season, but was ruled academically ineligible for the Rose Bowl. He also sat out all of spring practices because of academic issues.BuckeyeSports.com first reported Carter’s withdrawal from OSU. According to the report, Carter enrolled at Coffeyville Community College. Division I athletes can transfer to a non-Division I school without losing a year of eligibility. An athlete transferring to another Division I school must sit out a year.Carter would still have three years of eligibility remaining should he transfer to another Division I school or back to OSU after a year at Coffeyville.Carter posted a message on his Twitter account Monday morning, saying: “yes, the rumors are true.”He posted Monday afternoon that he would ideally return to OSU after getting his academics back on track, saying: “yes i would love to go back to OSU! im a buckeye all the way!”Tressel also announced that defensive lineman Keith Wells will not be a part of the team in 2010. Wells saw limited action as a freshman in 2008, then redshirted last season.
After 21 years under the watch of John Bluem, Ohio State found a new men’s soccer head coach Monday.The Buckeyes announced the hire of former Indiana associate head coach Brian Maisonneuve as the 10th coach in program history. He spent the past 10 years guiding the Hoosiers to eight NCAA tournament appearances including their victorious 2012 NCAA national championship and a runner-up finish in the 2017 season.“I am excited to get to work and continue to grow the Ohio State program into one of the elite soccer programs in the country,” Brian Maisonneuve said in a statement. “John [Bluem] did a great job over the last 21 years and I am so honored for this opportunity. This is an incredible athletics department with tremendous resources.”Maisonneuve was an All-American as a player for the Hoosiers during his four-year tenure on the team from 1991 to 1994, and his success does not stop there. After playing at Indiana, Maisonneuve went to play for the Columbus Crew from 1996 to 2004. He also was a member of the 1996 U.S. Olympic team and the 1998 U.S. World Cup team. When his playing days were done, he coached for five years before joining the Hoosiers. He led the Hoosiers to eight NCAA tournaments throughout his time as a coach.He will fit perfectly as the next in line of a successful coaching history. “We are fortunate to add Brian Maisonneuve to our outstanding lineup of head coaches,” Ohio State Athletics Director Gene Smith said in a statement. “He has competed at a high level and coached in one of the most successful collegiate programs nationally. We look forward to the opportunities our student-athletes will have under Brian’s direction.” Maisonneuve has received multiple coaching awards throughout his career including the NSCAA Assistant Coach of the Year for the Great Lakes Region in 2012 and 2015. He was also named one of the top 12 assistants in the nation for the third straight year and fifth time in his career in 2016.
FIFA have handed the Mexico Football Federation a $10,400 fine for “discriminatory and insulting chants” in the national side’s World Cup opener against GermanyThe football governing body’s disciplinary committee sanctioned Mexico on Wednesday with a fine of 10,000 Swiss francs ($10.4k U.S.) for the chants that were aimed at Germany captain and goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.“The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has sanctioned the Mexican Football Federation (FMF) with a fine of CHF 10,000 for the misconduct of a group of Mexican fans (cf. art. 67 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code) in relation to discriminatory and insulting chants during the first half of the 2018 FIFA World Cup match played between Germany and Mexico,” FIFA wrote, via ESPN.This is not the first time such the Mexican Football Federation have had to deal with such allegations after having been penalised 12 times by FIFA over anti-gay chants during their qualifying campaign for the World Cup.They have also received official warnings for the first two offences and were later handed another 10 fines.Top 5 Bundesliga players to watch during the weekend Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 11, 2019 With the international activity cooling down for the next month, we go back to the Bundesliga’s Top 5 players to watch next weekend.The German…The football governing body have been taking strong actions against such offences ever since the chants that the Mexico supporters made in the 2014 World Cup – which they were unpunished for.“The decision was passed after a thorough assessment of the relevant match reports, the FMF’s precedents and the evidence provided, which included videos of the incidents as well as examples of certain sustainable actions taken by the FMF to raise awareness among its supporters,” FIFA said. “Moreover, the Disciplinary Committee gave a warning to the FMF, who may face additional sanctions in case of repeated infringements of this type.”Fellow South American sides Argentina and Chile have also been sanctioned in the past by FIFA for similar offences.Recently Mexico striker Javier Hernandez and Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Marco Fabian pleaded with the supporters to put an end to the chants on social media.
Related Items:#magneticmedianews, #TropicalStormHarvey Texas with unprecedented flooding Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppLynden Rose HoustonUnited States, August 28, 2017 – Texas – Bahamians in Houston, Texas are safe and secure reported Bahamas Foreign Affairs Minister Darren Henfield; he was debriefed by Lynden Rose Honorary Consul in the state over the weekend. One Bahamian woman was said to have been displaced by then category four, Hurricane Harvey which touched down in what is America’s fourth largest city over the weekend and remains even now with rain, causing catastrophic flooding. We will continue to keep Texas in prayer as now #TropicalStormHarvey continues to bring rain to the state, where the unprecedented situation is blamed for severe flooding, massive damages, displacement of residents and at least two deaths.#MagneticMediaNews Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Governor Mike Dunleavy signed a reduced final capital budget by $34.7 M through his line-item veto authority into law on Thursday. In a release from the office of the governor, SB2002, as passed by the Alaska Legislature, included a number of projects of local, community or legislative interest that the state simply cannot fund under its limited financial resources. Dunleavy’s office said the remaining capital budget, signed Thursday, captures nearly $1 billion in federal dollars and funds sweeping crime legislation. Governor Dunleavy: “In the coming days and weeks, my administration will be making more decisions that will impact Alaskans – but our commitment remains to be open to input from Alaskans, to understand their priorities, and to work towards achieving better outcomes for the dollars we do spend. While Alaskans await future announcements regarding the operating budget, we can’t ignore the fact that today’s action represents an important and positive step in moving Alaska forward.” Click here for additional on the enacted Fiscal Year 2020 capital budget, including a funded project summary, a vetoed project summary and more. Key items funded in SB 2002: $73M to Federal Highway and Aviation Match, which secures $877.2 million in Federal funds$12M to Village Safe Water and Wastewater Projects, securing over $52M in Federal funds$2.54M to Hiland Mountain Women’s Mental Health Unit$2M in AIDEA receipts for Northwest Arctic Borough school construction and major maintenance$680,200 to Electronic Visit Verification System$2.5M to Arctic Strategic Transportation and Resources$1.5M to AHFC Rental Assistance for Victims- Empowering Choice Housing Program$3.6M to AHFC Homeless Assistance$1.75M to AHFC Senior Citizen Housing$250,000 to Inter-Island Ferry Authority$13.5M to Alaska Marine Highway System vessel overhaul, annual certification, and shoreside facilities rehabilitation$1.6M to Harbor Grant Program
RBL Bank (formerly Ratnakar Bank Limited) is all set to hit the primary market with its initial public offering (IPO) of equity shares soon, after the capital markets regulator late last month cleared the private lender’s public issue.The bank had filed the draft prospectus with the regulator on June 23, 2015.Kolhapur-based RBL Bank had raised Rs. 488 crore in pre-IPO preferential placement of shares last December. The exercise was in accordance with its IPO document filed with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) in June 2015. The shares were placed with international investors, including the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and CDC Group Plc. The shares were issued at Rs. 195 apiece.”This capital raise was undertaken to augment the tier 1 capital base of the Bank,” Vishwavir Ahuja, MD & CEO, RBL Bank, had said in a statement on Dec. 20, 2015.Here are some facts about RBL Bank, according to information available on its website and the draft prospectus filed with Sebi: The IPO size will be about Rs. 1,100 crore comprising fresh issue of shares, in addition to offer of sale of 17.56 million equity shares by existing investors.The face value of the share is Rs.10 each. The price band will be decided in consultation with global coordinators and book running lead managers (GCBRLMs) to the issue.The shares will be listed on BSE and NSE.The bank earned a net profit of Rs. 292.48 crore on revenues of Rs. 3,234.85 crore for the financial year 2015-16, up from Rs. 208.45 crore and Rs. 2,356.5 crore in the preceding financial year. The diluted EPS was Rs.9.43 for 2015-16 as against Rs. 7 in 2014-15 (Diluted earnings per share reflect the potential dilution that could occur if contracts to issue equity shares were exercised or converted during the period).Deposits and advances stood at Rs. 24,348 crore and Rs. 21,229 crore, respectively, as of March 31, 2016.Net non-performing assets (NPAs) as percentage of total advances rose to 0.59 percent from 0.27 percent at the end of financial year 2014-15.The GCBRLMs to the issue are Kotak, Axis Capital, Citi and Morgan Stanley. The BRLMs are HDFC Bank, ICICI Securities, IDFC Securities, IIFL Holdings and SBI Capital Markets.The bank was incorporated in 1943 as Ratnakar Bank.Over the last five years, global and domestic investors have infused capital of over Rs. 1,500 crore in the bank, taking the TIER 1 capital to Rs. 2,200 crores (approx).As of March 2016, RBL Bank had 197 branches and 362 ATMs across 13 Indian states.The corporate office of RBL Bank is at One Indiabulls Centre, Tower 2B, 6th Floor, Lower Parel (W), Mumbai, while the registered office is at Shahupuri, Kolhapur.
Kolkata: Two persons were killed and three injured in four road accidents in the city on Saturday and Sunday.On Saturday around 7 pm, a young woman was knocked down by a private bus near Behala tram depot. According to police, Debasree Roy Basu Mullick, a resident of Karunamoyee in Salt Lake was standing on Diamond Harbour road for a bus. All of a sudden, a bus of route number 21/1 hit her while driving recklessly. Immediately, Mullick was rushed to Vidyasagar State General Hospital. Later, her family members shifted her to a private hospital in Salt Lake opposite to Vivekanda Yuva Bharati Krirangan. Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal lifeA few hours later at around 9:15 pm, one goods vehicle hit one motorcycle from behind on Bascule bridge. Due to this, both riders of the motorcycle — Pannalal Prasad (32) and Santosh Kumar Singh sustained multiple injuries. Both of them were rushed to a private hospital in Ekbalpore, where Prasad was declared brought dead. The driver of the goods vehicle has been arrested by the south port police station. Both of them were without headgears.In another incident, a reckless motorcycle rider hit Assistant Sub-Inspector Nepal Chandra Banerjee of Charu Market police station on Saturday at 11 pm. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Mercedes car in Kolkata, 2 pedestrians killedAccording to the police, while Banerjee was performing a Naka Duty on the Western end of AJC Bose Road Flyover, he saw a motorcycle was speeding towards him with a intent to avail the flyover.When he tried to stop, the rider hit him and fled. He was rushed to SSKM hospital with an ankle injury on his right leg.Following the accidents on Saturday, another person was killed in a road accident on Sunday early morning. At around 3.30 am, a motorcycle lost control and rammed into the railings while approaching Jadavpur police station on Jibananda Setu.As a result, both the riders sustained multiple injuries and were removed to the M R Bangur Hospital where one Diganta Roy (26) succumbed to his injuries. His friend Mridul Das was later shifted to a private hospital in Ekbalpore.