Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
He highlighted four academics on the team whom he believed represented these qualities: I Dewa Gede Palguna, Apolo Safanpo, Makarim Wibisono and Bambang Purwoko.Established under a ministerial decree signed by Mahfud on Oct. 2, the team comprises ministry officials, members of state institutions, intellectuals and several Papuan figures including church pastors and indigenous leaders.The government-sanctioned team said on Monday that it had concluded its field investigation into the alleged shooting of Papuan pastor Yeremia Zanambani last month, despite naming no suspects.“The team has now reported all cases and it just has to combine them into a structured report. They are given until Oct. 17 to make the report and to discuss their findings before drawing a conclusion,” Mahfud added. Topics : Read also: Body of slain Intan Jaya pastor to be autopsied, says fact-finding teamHe also said that the team had managed to “break the existing barrier” of extracting information from armed criminal groups in Papua, something he claimed that no one had ever successfully done until now.“The family used to be very reluctant in giving their statements. Now, the team can easily meet the family. They want to give statements and share facts, even sign an agreement letter for pastor Yeremia’s body autopsy,” he said, claiming the success was a result of cultural diplomacy with the help of local figures.Head of the fact-finding team, Benny Mamoto, said the team had questioned approximately 25 eyewitnesses, including the victim’s wife, members of the medical team who provided care to the victim and several security personnel who happened to near the area at the time of the incident.Benny, who also heads the National Police Commission (Kompolnas), said the team would continuously monitor the case, even after it is dismissed after 14 days – the amount of time it was given to investigate the death of the Papuan pastor.“So, please, rest assured that we will monitor the process so that it will unfold in accordance with the law,” Benny said.According to the Indonesian Communion of Churches, the Indonesian Evangelical Christian Church (GKII) and local media in Papua, Yeremia was shot by Indonesian Army (TNI) personnel on his way to his pigpen on Sept. 19.The TNI denied the allegation, claiming that an armed group was responsible for the incident. In addition to Yeremia’s death, the team also investigated other deaths that took place in Intan Jaya at around the same time, including the shooting of civilian Badawi and TNI soldiers Chief Sgt. Sahlan and First Pvt. Dwi Akbar. Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister Mahfud MD has defended a joint fact-finding team sanctioned by the government to conduct probes into recent killings in Intan Jaya regency, Papua, saying the team is full of professionals with unyielding independence.He asserted that the team operated based on facts and dismissed accusations that it only followed the government’s orders.“The team has people whose perspectives can’t be bought. They cannot be dictated. If they say no, that means no and everyone will believe them,” he said in a press conference on Tuesday.
BLOG: Governor Wolf and Villanova Coach Jay Wright Urge Pennsylvanians to Stop Sexual Assault (VIDEO) By: The Office of Governor Tom Wolf June 09, 2016 It’s On Us PA, The Blog, Videos SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf
Sverre Thornes, chief executive at KLP, said: “It is extremely gratifying to note our results for 2013 are so good it means we are completing the strengthening of our premium reserve in order to meet the positive development of people living increasingly longer.”KLP is strengthening its premium reserve by NOK4.5bn (€543m) for longevity, while NOK5.9bn is being transferred to the customers’ premium fund.Meanwhile, with Storebrand and DNB Livsforsikring pulling out of the public sector occupational pensions market, 78 local authorities and 440 operations with a total of NOK60bn in premium reserves will have to switch providers.Last year, 48 local authority customers chose to move to KLP, while agreements have also been concluded with 48 enterprises with public sector occupational pensions.This means 100,000 new members will join KLP during 2014, with an inflow of NOK20bn in premium reserves.The group is expecting a major inflow of new customers next year as well.“KLP is facing the change in the market situation with continued focus on value creation through good returns, low costs and good service,” said Thornes.Total assets for the KLP Group at end-2013 were NOK369.8bn, up from NOK331.8bn in 2012.Its solvency margin continued a slight decline to 228.8%, down from 233.2% the year before. Norwegian pension fund company KLP has announced the best value-adjusted returns of any company competing in the public sector occupational pensions market for the fifth consecutive year.Value-adjusted returns for calendar year 2013 were 6.7%, the same as for 2012, while book returns rose to 6.4% from 5% the year before.The company said the most significant contributors to its results were equities, property and hold-to-maturity bonds.However, it warned that, with increasing life expectancy, there was a need to strengthen its premium reserve, and that all life insurance companies would be using a large part of their 2013 surplus to do the same.
A leading fund services provider is to switch its international fund trading platform to blockchain technology from May, in a move it claims will cut distribution costs by up to £3.4bn (€3.8bn) a year.Calastone said it would be the first transition to blockchain for the global funds sector and would make products more accessible to all market participants and investors across 40 markets and more than 1,700 financial organisations.Calastone’s clients – all of which will be switched onto the blockchain platform – include Danish pension fund AP Pension and asset managers Hermes Investment Management, JP Morgan Asset Management, Aviva Investors and Baring Asset Management, according to its website.The whole network will start to use blockchain technology in May 2019 through Calastone’s new Distributed Market Infrastructure (DMI), a trading platform. Campbell Brierley, Calastone’s chief innovation officer, said: “Calastone’s DMI will totally transform the trading and servicing of funds and has the potential to realise significant long-term value.”He said that, by gathering all trading relationships together in a digital infrastructure, all participants would benefit from the real-time view of each record.From a data perspective, this would give them “a single version of the truth”, he said.“Instantly this alleviates common friction points that exist today, including areas such as reconciliation and settlement, which are resolved automatically with all transactions being performed in the same environment,” Brierley said.In a statement announcing the development, Calastone argued that the investment fund industry “trails other financial services sectors, still beset by manual processes, outdated systems and technologies”. The current system of fund trading was “opaque, fragmented, and doesn’t work in the interests of consumers”, Calastone said.
REAL ESTATE: 10 Lama St, ChelmerThe son of one of the founders of online travel juggernaut Wotif has sold his renovated heritage house in Chelmer for a cool $2.625 million – more than double the original purchase price. 10 Lama St, ChelmerWill Brice is the son of Wotif co-founder and philanthropist Andrew Brice, who teamed up with entrepreneur Graeme Wood to launch the successful online booking platform in Brisbane in 2000. William Brice with his children (top) Henry Bresler and Louis Brice in front of their newly renovated house, Dalmuir, in Chelmer, Brisbane. Lyndon Mechielsen/The AustralianFourteen years later, the duo sold the company to US travel giant Expedia for $700 million.Will Brice bought the rundown Dalmuir homestead at 10 Lama St in Chelmer for $1.15 million in 2017 before embarking on an extensive overhaul of the property. RELATED: Wotif you could escape to this heritage house? Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:11Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:11 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreen5 tips to style your home for sale01:12 There is ornamental original fireplace and solid pine floorboards in the foyer, a formal lounge and a combined family and living area which is overlooked by the kitchen.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus10 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market10 hours ago MORE NEWS: River, the sea, canals driving up prices Earlier this year, Mr Brice described it as a “huge labour of love”, with the renovation consisting of an almost total rebuild.But the results spoke volumes, with the revamped heritage house now under offer. There is also a sparkling inground pool with floating steppers allowing easy access to the covered pool cabana.Other features include an attic retreat with built-in day beds, a mudroom, Jane Churchill and European wallpapers in the formal spaces, a guest room, and the original ironwork detail on front veranda, Juliette balcony and internal staircase. The impressive master suite is located away from the hustle and bustle of the home and has a spacious ensuite and walk-in wardrobe.The children’s wing contains three bedrooms, and the indoor/outdoor room opens via sliding glass doors to create an alfresco dining experience, complete with wood fireplace for the cooler evenings. The house was sold by Ray White Sherwood-Graceville agent Douglas May.Features include five bedrooms, three bathrooms, four entertaining areas, a stunning facade and landscaped gardens. TV host Andrew Winter sells waterfront home Why selling off-market could cost you
Champions crowned on the final day of the IMCA Speedway Motors Super Nationals fueled by Casey’s, pictured with IMCA President Brett Root at left and Boone Speedway’s Coty Mallicoat at right, were Donavon Smith, Stock Car; Ricky Thornton Jr., Modified; Nathan Ballard, Hobby Stock; and Johnathon Logue, Northern SportMod. (Photo by Bruce Badgley, Motorsports Photography) Thornton earned $3,000 when he repeated as Late Model champion on Labor Day, qualified for the Stock Car feature, won the Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational on Friday and then became the first driver to win two championships at the same Super Nationals by running away from the rest of the field after midway of the $7,000 to win Modified main event. Also the 2014 and 2019 Northern SportMod champion, Logue scored a rare double by winning the BSB Manufacturing Race of Champions. Last-chance qualifier, Smith raced from 25th starting and took the lead with two laps left in winning his third Stock Car crown in his record 14th straight main event appearance. Smith, who took home a career-best $5,000 paycheck, had reigned at Boone in 2009 and 2012. Another two-division star, Kelly Shryock took home $1,175 for his Sunoco Race Fuels Race of Champions Stock Car win. BOONE, Iowa (Sept. 13) – Ricky Thornton Jr. raced to wins at the beginning and the end of a history-making week, Donavon Smith and Johnathon Logue became three-time champions while Nathan Ballard motored to his first title at the 2020 IMCA Speedway Motors Super Nationals fueled by Casey’s. And Cody Nielsen led the last 10 times around the track in winning the Stephenville Starter Race of Champions for Hobby Stocks. He led the last eight laps in topping the caution-free ROC, calling the eagle trophy that went with the checkers the addition to his race shop collection he’s always wanted, then led the last 27 circuits in the 30-lap main event to collect $3,000. Ballard outran defending race winner Dylan Nelson in leading start to finish of the Hobby Stock main, following the fast high line to the $2,000 victory. The Sunday conclusion for what is always the biggest event on the IMCA schedule was the first for the Modifieds since 1996 and first-ever for the Stock Cars, Northern SportMods and Hobby Stocks. Twenty-three states were represented at Super Nationals, where a purse of $300,000-plus was complemented by bonuses from IMCA.TV and more than $60,000 in contingencies were awarded. In all, 834 cars – including 245 Modifieds and an event record 207 Stock Cars – saw action during a socially distanced week at Boone Speedway that also saw more than its share of rain and rescheduled race programs. Jesse Sobbing traded the lead with Troy Cordes in one of the most competitive events of the entire week, winning the Harris Auto Racing Modified Race of Champions and $1,700 following a dash to the finish line. Tuesday’s scheduled Sport Compact main event was lost to rain.
RelatedPosts Lampard: I still have confidence in Tomori Mane double eases Liverpool to win over 10-man Chelsea EPL: Chelsea, Liverpool in cagey duel Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham’s long-term future at the club could be in doubt, despite his contract being extended by a further year to run until 2023.Abraham has been one of the beneficiaries of manager Frank Lampard ‘s focus on youth this season, racking up 41 appearances and netting 16 goals in all competitions. Alongside the likes of Mason Mount, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Reece James, Billy Gilmour, Fikayo Tomori and Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Abraham has starred at times this year.However, unlike those others, he has not signed a lucrative new deal, with his latest extension coming by way of a clause inserted into the deal he signed back in 2017 before he joined Swansea on loan.Abraham will also struggle for guaranteed first team minutes next season, with Timo Werner joining from RB Leipzig in a bumper £47.5 million deal.Olivier Giroud has earned himself an extension after netting five league goals in seven starts since getting back into first team contention in February.In fact, the Frenchman has started ahead of Abraham in four of Chelsea six post-lockdown Premier League games. Abraham played the full 90 minutes in the embarrassing 3-0 loss to Sheffield United and was promptly dropped to the bench for their next game against Norwich.There have reportedly been talks over a pay rise for the forward but an agreement is yet to be reached and the fact that he will not be guaranteed a spot in the starting XI next season could see him look elsewhere.The year’s extension will safeguard his value, ensuring Chelsea can demand top whack for the academy graduate.Tags: ChelseaFrank LampardHakim ZiyechTammy AbrahamTimo Werner
Press Association Roberto Martinez is placing as much importance on character as he is ability as he seeks to make his first signings as Everton manager. “There is some work going on already and over the next few weeks we need to make sure that we bring the right characters as well as the right players to the football club. “It’s not going to be the case of bringing anyone at any time – it’s important we identify the type of help we need in the dressing room and in the team and make sure they are a type of footballer who will fit in with the train of thought at Everton. It’s more a matter of finding the right players and that will take a little bit of time.” Martinez, who will not meet his entire first-team squad until they join up for pre-season training next month, is hoping to get some scouting done at the Confederations Cup. The Toffees boss is working as a television pundit in Brazil and he hopes that will give him a chance to take a closer look at potential targets. “I think the major events are a first for seeing players and ways of playing,” he told evertontv. “It’s always a unique experience to see footballers under massive, massive pressure of representing their country and representing the expectations of a country and being able to play their football. “There are always footballers that catch your eye under those circumstances. “I always like to follow the big events and to do that with the name of Everton and opening new markets with Everton, it will be a real enjoyment and something I’m really looking forward to.” He accepts, having been in the job for less than a fortnight, that may take a while. But he believes being patient will pay off as it allows him to make the right decisions about who he needs to bring in. “As you can imagine, that is something that you need to work early on and obviously the whole football club will work together towards that,” said the Spaniard.
The Argentinian has joined Norwich until the end of the season, having lost his place after five years as a regular at St James’ Park. He has made just two appearances this season and admits he is at a loss as to why he has been left out by Pardew. Jonas Gutierrez’s Newcastle career looks to be over after the midfielder claimed manager Alan Pardew told him he has no future with the club. “The manager told me in December I was not going to play any more and told me to find myself another club,” he told several national newspapers. “I don’t know why it happened and I still don’t understand what I did wrong. “There were no rows with Alan Pardew or anything like that. He just said I needed to leave and that was that. “I honestly don’t know why I wasn’t playing, you will have to ask the manager that. “He just made his decision and that was it. Something must have happened – but I don’t know what.” Press Association